12 Ways to Turn a Bad Day Around.
Maybe you got up on the wrong side of the bed or perhaps series of difficult events made your day that much more difficult. There is still time to turn your day. Here are 12 things you can do to take your day back and get on a more productive and positive path.
Get the most from a day and improve your mood!
1. Take a nap. Hit the reset button. A short nap can give you a chance to start your day over with a fresh attitude. Or at least give your brain a break from all the overthinking.
2. Try a shower or bath. YES, a hot tub might be even better. How many of us have a hot tube anyway? It does not matter; just the sensation of the water on your skin can change your mood and your perspective
3. Speak with a friend. Call a supportive friend. Your friend is probably glad to hear from you anyway. This can be a win-win situation.
4. Eliminate something from your schedule. Determine the least significant thing on your schedule and drop it. Give yourself a brake.
5. Spend time with a pet. You might feel better after watching your fish or hermit crab wander. Pet your cat or dog. Don’t have a pet? Look up “cute baby animals”.
6. Make yourself laugh. Watch a funny movie. Read a few jokes. Make good use of YouTube.
7. Listen to music that makes you feel better. You already know which song always makes you smile. Listen to it. Try to create a playlist of songs that you can listen to at a moment’s notice.
8. Go for a walk. Any sort of exercise will do. Lift some weights or play some tennis. Get moving. Bonus points if you can get outdoors.
9. Create a gratitude list. Keep focused on the people and things that make your life good. Keep your attention on the positive. Make a list of the good things.
10.Look at old photos that remind you of good times. Pull out your high school yearbook or check out your friends’ photos on Facebook or Instagram. Keep a few photos on your phone that always make you smile.
11. Have some chocolate. Chocolate can enhance your mood. Dark chocolate can even be good for you! A bad day is not an excuse to eat a pound of chocolate, but few small bites might an improvement to your day.
12.Meditate. Meditation has become a popular stress solution. Many large companies are even adding meditation rooms to the workplace. Regular meditation can greatly uplift your mood and strengthen your focus.
Remind yourself that a bad day is temporary. You can turn your day around. Take a deep breath and choose to move forward.
Promoting mental health awareness in our community. Share this post with family and friends!
*Please check with your physician about exercise and diet. This post is not therapy. If you need a therapist visit our website at www.TherapyConnectionsLCSW.com
Blog post TheraBlog.