Miroslava L. Pradella, LCSW, CASAC II
Licensed therapist and School Social Worker promoting mental health and wellness.
Do you stop yourself from going after what you want in life? Do you find yourself overthinking about what others think about you? Is this stopping you from trying new things? if so, this article is for you!
Sometimes, the best things in life lie on the other side of fear and doubt!
Conquer fears and self-doubt from your life with these strategies:
1. Tackle smaller fears first. Look at the things that make you just a little bit uncomfortable and divide the task into smaller steps. You'll notice that they become a little easier to do the next time. Then move on to more moderate fears one step at a time.
● Prove to yourself that you can overcome your fears. Start to believe that you can do almost anything. Click on the link for daily affirmation. (link: bit.ly/selfconfidenceaffirmation)
2. What is the source of your doubt? Is this source reliable? Perhaps you’ll realize that you don't have a reason to doubt yourself at all.
3. Stay in the moment. When you focus on the future or the past; you are likely to assume the worst. Keep your mind in the present, and you'll find that your fear diminishes.
4. Ask yourself, “What’s the worst that can happen?” How bad would that be? How would you respond to that?
● Creating a plan that you can put into place for dealing with that worst possible outcome can lessen your fear.
5. Breathe. Slow, deep breaths help to reduce the fight or flight response. Deep breathing can be an effective way to reduce the fear and self-doubt you're feeling.
6. Be realistic and your fear and self-doubt will be minimized.
● You don’t have to be right or successful all of the time to have an amazing life!
7. Realize that everyone has fears. When you're able to overcome your fears you are more likely to try to accomplish other goals.
8. Imagine how you would stand, think, and breathe if you were the bravest person on the face of the Earth. Notice the difference in how you feel.
9. Visualize success. Visualize yourself being successful. The more times you can see yourself being successful, the less fear you'll feel, and your confidence will grow.
10. Take action. Taking action is one of the best ways to overcome fear. Even if you're afraid at the beginning, your fear will diminish as you complete new activities. Sometimes, getting started is the hardest part.
If this was helpful like and share with others.
This content is for educational purpose only. It cannot replace professional services and/or a client-therapist relationship. Visit www.TherapyConnectionsLCSW.com for more information.
Blog post TheraBlog.